Keynote, Seminar Speaker, Dinner speaker by Marie-Claire Ross
Marie-Claire is an engaging speaker who has the rare ability to get people thinking about the concepts she shares for days after the event. Her information-packed, visually oriented presentations enenthral variety of audiences from managers, senior executives, and CEOs.
If you want a speaker with a different perspective for your next conference, management/executive meeting, roundtable, webinar or workshop, Marie-Claire is a great choice.
1. Check out Marie-Claire’s Speaking Topics
(FOR CEOS, Executives & Board Members)
Enhance Organisational Agility, Don’t Strangle it
In today’s fast-paced business world, the more trust you have across your organisation, the faster you can operate. Studies have found that high trust cultures have 2.5 times the revenue generation of low trust cultures.
Yet, when it comes to repairing trust, organisations typically treat symptoms, rather than the systemic underlying causes. For organisations to lead with trust, the CEO and top team (with full support from the board) must engineer the supporting organisational infrastructure to embed trust.
In this session, attendees will discover five techniques to fully embed trust into their firm.
(For Senior and Emerging Leaders)
5 Hidden Trust Decelerators that Sabotage Leadership Results
In today’s rapidly changing world, leaders with a good grasp of trust – who know how to judge, build and rely on it – have an enormous competitive advantage. But only 47% of Australian employees always trust their immediate manager dipping down to a paltry 24% always trusting senior management.
In our research, we discovered that most leaders understand only a couple of drivers of trust. This limited understanding negatively impacts their ability to strategically build trust efficiently with those who need it most.
In this session, attendees will learn five trust decelerators that sabotage their ability to build trust within and across their team and how to avoid them.
(For Senior Leaders):
Breaking Down Silos: 4 Critical Steps for Leaders to Build Trust Across Teams
Avoid Team Burnout: 3 Critical Steps for Health Facilities Professionals to Build High-Performance Teams
Today’s complex business problems require cohesive, healthy teams. Leaders must seamlessly work together within their own team and across other business units.
Yet, few teams manage to consistently exceed expectations delivering on time and on budget. According to a recent study, managers believe they can rely on other teams to deliver only 9% of the time.
In this session, attendees will learn four steps to create conversations that generate accountability, alignment to shared outcomes and synergies both across and within teams.
In this informative session, you will learn:
1. Key low trust indicators that are sabotaging your organisation.
2. How the brain impacts our ability to trust others.
3. 3 techniques to build trust more efficiently and create a thriving workplace.
Marie-Claire will also custom fit your presentation and tailor-fit to the needs of your audience, upon request.
2. Visit our Resources Centre
When you engage Marie-Claire to present at your event, we make it easy for you to promote.
We will provide you with a high-resolution photo, marketing copy and we will promote through our blog, subscribers and social media.
3. Hire Marie-Claire to Speak
Email us and provide details about your event and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Request a copy of Marie-Claire Ross’- Speaker Profile that conveniently provides bio information, previous speaking experience and media appearances.
4. Speaker Profile
Marie-Claire Ross is the Chief Corporate Catalyst at Trustologie. She is a workplace sociologist, author and consultant focused on helping leaders put the right processes in place to empower employees to speak up about issues, challenge each other and share information. Her approach is based on working with leaders and seven years of research including 157 interviews with CEOs and executives. Marie-Claire writes a monthly corporate culture column in Facility Management magazine and has been interviewed by BRW and Sky Business News. She is also the author of the highly acclaimed book Transform your Safety Communication. Marie-Claire is also a Graduate of the Company Director’s Course a fellow of The CEO Institute and sits on the SME Committee for the Australian Institute of Company Directors
5. Speaking Experience
- Procurement and Supply Chain Association (PASA), Chief Procurement Officer Roundtable. Facilitated the discussion on building trust between departments, December 2017.
- Women’s CPA Discussion Group, 5 Hidden Trust Decelerators that Sabotage Leadership Results Workshop, Melbourne, November 2017.
- National Manufacturing Week, Safety First Conference, Melbourne, May 2017 “3 Strategies to Build and Enhance Safety Leadership.”
- The Executive Connection, ran three workshops for building trust with executives and CEOs.
- Supply Chain & Logistics Conference, Sydney, March 2017.
- Australian Institute of Architects, Melbourne Office, August 2016, Seminar/workshop presenter “Creating a Great Workplace.”
- AusFenEx16 (Glass Industry), Gold Coast Conference and Exhibition Centre (August 2016) – Presented “Improving Profitability: How a Lack of Organisational Trust Increases Costs and Decreases Speed.”
- Leaders in Technology, Webinar, August 2016, “Leading with Trust: How Top Leaders Deliver Faster Results, Increase Collaboration and Improve Profitability.”
- Total Facilities, Melbourne Conference and Exhibition Centre, (April 2016 – Presented seminar titled “4 Steps to Creating a Mentally Healthy Workplace”).
- International Association of Business Communicators, RMIT, (February 2016), “From Betrayal to Trust: Why Trust is the New Currency in Communication.”
- AIM Leadership Series, Marriott Hotel, Melbourne, (February 2016) – Panelist on improving corporate culture.
- CEO and Executive roundtables, Botanical Hotel, Melbourne, Monthly – I have been recruiting both CEOs and executives on a monthly basis and presenting information to them, as well as facilitating in-depth discussions. Talks include “Staying Connected: 4 Steps to Improving Communication with Employees” and “Improving Profitability: 4 Steps to Improving Trust.”
- 2nd Occupational Health and Safety Symposium, Doha, Qatar, 5th November, 2014 – This was to 200 employees at Hamad Medical Corporation. The safety communication presentation was the highest rated by participants out of all the talks.
- Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) – December, 2014. Conducted a half day workshop on safety communication for occupational hygienists.
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), Boston Chapter Live Webinar, 8th December, 2014
- American Society of Safety Engineers Training Division, 15th April, 2015
- Two live in-house webinars with 800 people subscribing and then 500 watching either live or the replay
- The CEO Institute
- Southern Safety Group, Western Safety Group, Central Safety Group
Comments that have been made by those undertaking her presentations include:
“Marie-Claire, you were a pleasure to have as a speaker! We have already had great feedback on your session. Thank you again!”
Anna Maria Faust, Head of Content Energy & Industrial, Reed Exhibitions
“Thank you for providing an excellent workshop. You were very effective in engaging with the TEC members and you received excellent ratings. I particularly liked the way you chose to manage the flow of the training. I have recommended to my fellow TEC Chairs to invite you to present to their Groups as this is a topic that does need to be brought to the forefront of leaders’ minds.”
Jim Landau, Chair, The Executive Connection
“Marie-Claire produced a clear and thoughtful presentation on creating a high trust culture which was supported with useful data. Participants really valued her advice and guidance – a relevant, interesting session enjoyed by all.”
The Royal Australian Institute of Architects Ltd
“Marie-Claire presented a webinar to our Leader in Technology members on how to build and lead with trust. Her content set off lots of little light bulbs in people’s heads and really got us all thinking in a new direction. Feedback from our members was very positive. She worked with us beforehand to promote the event and we will definitely get her to speak again. Marie-Claire is an ideal presenter for those who want someone to disrupt old leadership ways of thinking and behaving.”
Graeme Isaacs, CEO, leaders of Technology
“Marie-Claire’s presentation on “4 Steps to creating a mentally healthy workplace” as part of Total Facilities’ seminar program was really great. Her session attendance was at 90% capacity and we were really happy with the quality of her presentation. Afterwards, many of the delegates came up to us to say how informative the session was. We would definitely have Marie-Claire back to talk and we recommend her as a speaker to anyone wanting an engaging, thought-provoking presenter.” Helen Williams, Marketing Manager, Diversified Communications Australia
“You get invited to lots of things. I’m careful with what I say “yes” to. But the roundtable was very worthwhile. I really liked hearing other people’s challenges and the questions that were asked really helped you focus on what you need to think about in your business.” Marcus Simkin, CEO, Myriad IT.
“The workshop was well-constructed and I picked up some useful tools in relation to AURA. The exercises were engaging and the presenter was very knowledgeable with lots of experience” Attendee at AIOH workshop
“Very helpful content and very down to earth. Expanded my mind and understanding.” Feedback received from a CEO at CEO Institute.
Noteworthy Articles, Appearances and PublicationsLogiSYM Magazine
Front page – LogiSYM (The Surprising Ingredient in High Performance Organisations and How to Build Trust when Time is Limited)
Switched On Leadership – How Savvy Leaders Communicate to Build Trust
Facilities Management Magazine (interview)– Corporate culture specialist says trust central to high performing organisations
Sky Business New (television interview) – Technology Behind Business
Business Review Weekly (BRW) – It Pays to be Nice
Workplace Communicator blog, Is this the best safety speech ever?
Video – 7 Good Supervisor Skills
Transform Your Safety Communication Book Reviews
American Society of Safety Engineers (Professional Safety Magazine)
SHP Online – (SHP Magazine)
Safetyatwork Blog, A Bright New Book on Safety Communications